Home > About Larry
Larry Duncan is the most qualified candidate to lead the Dallas County Commissioner's Court and help ensure that our voice is heard. Larry has served Dallas County for nearly 30 years as a civic leader, Dallas City Councilmember, and President of the Dallas County Schools.
Personal, Business and Community Service Highlights:
- Elected Dallas County Schools Board of Trustees 2003 to present, Board President 2005 to present
- Elected four terms on the City Council 1991 to 1999
- President, Dallas Homeowners League (4 terms)
- Member, National Association of Eagle Scouts
- U.S. Army, Viet Nam 1969-70, Bronze Star Medal
- Two time "Best City Councilmember," Dallas Observer
- Greater Dallas Veterans Council "Honoree of the Year" 1999
- Trustee, Dallas Police and Fire Pension System, 8 years
- Board Member, Dallas League of Conservation Voters
- Revived Dallas Veterans Day Parade after 49 years
- Instructor, Richland College
- Bachelor of Arts, Drake Univ.; Master of Liberal Arts, SMU
- Resident of Dallas County for 36 years with wife of 42 years, Susan, and daughter, Sarah
- 22 years experience developing and installing advanced computer systems
Larry Duncan has experience giving our concerns a voice in local government. As a Dallas City Councilman and President of the Dallas County Schools, he has fought to reduce waste and control spending, while constantly improving safety for our children and working towards a greener Dallas.
Under Larry Duncan's leadership at Dallas County Schools:
- DCS saves Dallas County ISD's millions of dollars annually
- DCS evacuated Texas hurricane victims out of harm's way
- DCS is the only district in Texas ordering seat belts on all new buses and retrofitting current buses
- DCS is the only district in Texas to join the Cities of Dallas and Fort Worth in enacting Green Cement Resolutions, helping close the wet cement kilns in Midlothian (Dallas County's worst single point polluters)
Larry Duncan has lived in Dallas County for over 36 years with his wife of 42 years, Susan. Together, they have raised their daughter Sarah on the same values that Larry and Susan aspire to.